How Long After Lash Lift Can I Shower
Feb 05, 2024
How Long After a Lash Lift Can You Shower
It's recommended to wait at least 24 hours before taking a shower.
During this period your lashes are still in the process of locking into their new shape. Introducing watter or steam can cause the lashes to lose their curl or become unevenly lifted.
How to Avoid Water and Steam to Maintain Lash Lift
Here are practical tips to help you navigate during the initial hours post-treatment period:
- Plan Your Showers: Shower before your lash lift appointment. After the treatment, wait at least 24 to 48 hours before taking your next shower.
- Protect Your Lashes: If you need to shower before the 24-hour mark, try to keep your face away from direct water flow. Use a shower cap and keep your face as dry as possible.
- Take a Bath: Opt for a quick, lukewarm bath instead of a shower. This can help avoid creating too much steam in the bathroom, which could affect your lash lift.
- Dry Shampoo: To keep your hair fresh, consider using dry shampoo instead of washing your hair, further reducing the risk of exposing your lashes to water.
- Avoid Steamy Environments: Stay away from saunas, steam rooms, and even kitchens where there's boiling water during the first two days after your lash lift.
- Wash Your Face Carefully: When washing your face, use a cleansing wipe to avoid splashing water directly on your lashes.
- Skip Swimming: Pools are off-limits during the initial setting period. Chlorinated and salt water can both affect the lash lift.
- Be Mindful in Rainy Weather: If you need to step out in the rain, wear a wide-brimmed hat or use an umbrella to protect your lashes from water droplets.
- Face Cleansing Wipes: For facial hygiene, use gentle, oil-free cleansing wipes to remove dirt and oil. You can also use a damp cloth to carefully clean around the face, avoiding the eye area.
- Stay Cool: Avoid activities that induce heavy sweating for a couple of days. If you do sweat, gently pat the area around your eyes with a dry, soft cloth.
By following these tips, you can effectively maintain your personal hygiene while ensuring your lash lift stays intact and looks fabulous for as long as possible.
How to Fix Your Lashes if They Went Wet Too Soon
If your lashes accidentally get wet before the recommended time after a lash lift, don't panic. There are steps you can take to save your lash lift.
- Gently Pat Dry: Carefully pat the lashes with a soft, clean towel. Avoid rubbing or pulling, as this could further disrupt the shape of your lashes.
- Cold Air Blow: Use a hairdryer on the cool setting to gently blow air over your lashes. Hold the dryer at least 12 inches away from your face to avoid direct air pressure. The cold air can help set the lashes back into place.
- Brush Lashes Gently: Once dry, lightly brush your lashes with a clean, dry spoolie brush. Brush upwards, starting from the base of the lashes to the tips.
- Consult with Your Lash Technician: If your lashes still seem compromised after taking these steps, reach out to your lash technician. They can assess the situation and may suggest a touch-up appointment to correct any issues.
- Consider a Touch-up: In some cases, a touch-up might be necessary to restore the desired curl and lift. This usually involves reapplying the lifting solution under the guidance of your lash technician.
With a bit of planning and care, you can enjoy the full benefits of your lash lift, ensuring beautiful, curled lashes.
For those looking to enhance their lash lift experience further, Luxe-Cosmetics offers a range of eyelash products designed to complement your lash care routine.
From our Luxe Lashlift Kit to nourishing mascaras formulated for post-lift care, Luxe provides everything you need to keep your lashes looking their best.
Rabbiya Rabeel is a skilled writer with 6+ years of experience specializing in the beauty and related niche, bringing a wealth of expertise to her work. Her content is characterized by a dedication to uncovering real facts, steering clear of myths that often clutter the beauty landscape.