How to Prepare For a Lash Lift: Your #1 Checklist
Nov 27, 2023
Before you jump into getting your lashes lifted and tinted, a little preparation can really help you get the best results from your appointment.
In this article, we're going to walk through exactly how to prepare for a lash lift and tint, setting the stage for the best possible results. Consider this your go-to guide for pre-lift prep.
How to prepare for a lash lift
Whether you're heading to the salon or trying an at-home kit, following these essential steps will help ensure your lashes look their best:
- Do the Research: For salons, seek out ones with certified lash technicians with good reputation. If you're going for a DIY lash lift with a kit at home, make sure to read reviews, watch tutorials from reliable sources, and pick a kit with instructions that are easy to follow.
- Decide on the Lash Lift Type: Each lash lift type offers a unique curl and longevity. Research the differences between standard, keratin and other lifts available. Some may offer a subtle, natural curve, while others provide a more dramatic flair.
- Consult Your Doctor: If you’ve recently had any eye surgery, or if you know you’re allergic to beauty products or chemicals, it’s important to check with a doctor first. This is especially important if you have sensitive eyes or wear contact lenses that often cause irritation.
- Avoid Mascara: Mascara can negatively impact on lash lifting final result. Ensure you're mascara-free for at least 24 hours before your lift.
- Don't Curl Your Lashes: Avoid using a lash curler just before your lash lift. Over-curling beforehand can make it harder for the lift to take evenly across all your lashes.
- Remove Contact Lenses: To avoid any discomfort, remove your contact lenses before your lash lift. The chemicals used during the lift can irritate your eyes if trapped under lenses, and it’s safer to wear glasses on the day of your appointment.
- Take Off False Eyelashes: Lash extensions or temporary falsies should be completely removed at least a few days prior to your lift. This ensures that the lifting solution can evenly coat and lift your natural lashes.
- Skip the Eye Cream: The oils in eye creams may prevent the lifting chemicals from penetrating effectively. It’s best to skip applying these creams around your eye area the day before your treatment.
- Clean Off Makeup: Make sure your lashes and eyelids are free of makeup before your appointment. This helps the lifting solution work its best. Use a gentle, oil-free makeup remover to clean the area thoroughly.
- Avoid Water: Water can cause your lashes to become too soft, which might interfere with the lift. Avoid any activities that could dampen your lashes, like swimming or steamy showers, for at least a day prior.
- Avoid Harsh Treatments: Steer clear of any DIY lash treatments that might stress your lashes before your appointment. This includes at-home dyes, perms, or any other treatments that could weaken your lashes.
- Rest and Nutrition: Get plenty of sleep, and eat foods rich in vitamins that support hair health, like biotin, proteins, and omega-3s. Strong, well-nourished lashes respond better to lifting treatments.
- Consult With Your Technician: Talk to your technician about any worries or questions, like which type of lift will suit your lash length and strength best. They can give you advice tailored to your needs.
Not adhering to these steps can result in a less effective lash lift, or even irritation and discomfort during the process. Proper preparation not only primes your lashes but also enhances the technician's ability to achieve the best possible lift, leaving you with beautifully accentuated eyes.
Getting ready for a lash lift is all about the prep work. Whether you're going to a salon or doing it yourself at home, make sure to do properly prepare for your lash treatment.
And if you decide to go for an at-home kit, the Luxe Lashlift Set stands out, offering a stunning blend of salon-quality results with the convenience of home use. Remember that using good-quality products can make all the difference in how great your lashes turn out.
Rabbiya Rabeel is a skilled writer with 6+ years of experience specializing in the beauty and related niche, bringing a wealth of expertise to her work. Her content is characterized by a dedication to uncovering real facts, steering clear of myths that often clutter the beauty landscape.